My Mum had a big birthday this year and I wanted to celebrate by doing something special. I got in contact with my family in Scotland and arranged a surprise birthday party. My Mum had no idea I was coming out which made it even more special. My cousin, Emma, picked me up at the airport and I stayed at her flat the first night. We of course went out to the pub that night but had to be extra careful cruising around the town of Peebles, not exactly a large town.
The town of Peebles and the River Tweed. I love visiting my family here, especially when the weather is nice!
The surprise went off without a hitch. It was awesome. Complete with some "videos from America" to completely throw my Mom off, she had no idea. Her face was priceless when I came into the room as she was watching the videos. It's a face I will never forget and hopefully a surprise my Mom will never forget!



Mum and I, about 10 minutes after the big surprise. She was all made up for a night out and wasn't expecting the party to come to her...
While in Scotland, I took the opportunity to check out the Falkirk Wheel. A completely revolutionary type of loch, it transports boats from the canal above to the canal below in about 5 minutes. This would normally have taken almost an entire day using a conventional loch system. Geek out moment!
And of course no trip to Scotland is complete without a drive into Edinburgh and walking around the pubs and Edinburgh Castle. After a few pints, I'm surprised this picture came out as well as it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment